Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Beginning to Spin

Spiraling is how I best describe my life. There are many passions that motivate the circular motion. Directions I feel I must journey. They are not meant to be sequential but rather, they are concurrent, continuous and connected. Journeys with others, where we dance together for a few steps and then move on into the light or behind the curtain only to meet again later in the second act, are those that reconnect me to the earliest versions of the spiral. It is by this new connection that an old journey can be revisited and new lines drawn.

At some point the lines drawn in the dirt were straight. Start...work...dream...create...work...finish, but true reflection reveals that the ending never truly arrives. Never. Never is forever. Forever is a circle and a moving circle picks up velocity, causes great wind tunnels and spins off into space. A tornado creates its own life force and travels independently of the surrounding landscape My feet still touch the ground, so I have a long way to go. So I spin; child to friend to lover to child to mother to child to lover to dancer to writer to dreamer to mourner to child to dreamer and dreamer and lover and mother and friend and...so I spin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how exquisite...thrilled to spiral dance with you, sister.

Anonymous said...

But what if you get dizzy?

(lovely thoughts, btw)

Unknown said...

very enjoyable