Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Truth

The thing about the truth is...
I have always had an uncanny ability to see it, and know it, even when I do not want to.
Pretending to believe is...

next to impossible because I can see myself trying.


The thing about the truth is...

that it smacks me in the face...daily


leaving me bruised and aching.


The thing about the truth is...


that even when I think I have eluded its grasp, I cannot escape it.


The truth does not set me free...


it just leaves me with nowhere to hide

2 comments:

qmama said...

oh, how i love the cave. to lose my hiding space means to invite bruised, aching, exposed, vulnerable, seen. maybe also unmasked, authentic, and possibly a bit free.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! You disagree with Keats: "'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,'--that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."
I'm with you on this. It's that old saying: the truth hurts--and it keeps on hurting.(from NJ)