Saturday, February 12, 2011

Heart's Desire, Tush on fire

Before the screen
upon my tush,
psychobabble.

My brain
is mush,
slushing 'round inside
my head
gushing out
my ears.
Instead of sitting
here all day
my spirit hovers
waits to play
for me to say
enough
...
no more
times up
take
a break
shake my head

and make some
space
a place
to house
a fantasy
of riding off
 running free
beyond responsibility
past insecurity
to that home
meant for my feet
where I just
breathe
and feel the beat
no more gushy, mushy
bore
shake my tushy
'cross the floor

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Let's hope your professor isn't reading this, although maybe the feeling is mutual. Going back to school isn't easy, is it?(NJ)

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

This is too cool!...are you back in school?? I have wanted to go back for some time now, but waiting for my son to finish first!